Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Slam Dunk of a Deal!

My friend Bridgette and I went to the Savvy Sale last week. Let me just say, the picture doesn't even begin to explain the chaos. Imagine hundreds of pregnant women and new mothers shopping among the racks below.
Because of my due date, we were able to shop Thursday evening and beat the rush...or so we were told. The clothes were a no go, partly because BD Baby has a TON of clothes already and well most of the stuff was expensive for consignment. I was thrilled with the book selection and got BD baby an infant bible, Guess How Much I Love You and a few others. He also got a new (used) toy, the Fisher-Price Dunk 'N Cheer. It retails for around $30, I purchased for $9. It is in mint condition and came with batteries....so you can imagine I just couldn't walk on by.
I convinced myself that BD Baby has WANTED several of these items, but he hasn't really NEEDED anything. A hard concept to grasp for a first time Mom. The shower is in a few weeks and I am going to refrain from purchasing anything until I have the needs taken care of. No more shoes, clothes or toys. Books are a NEED right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment