Thursday, November 4, 2010

Pregnancy Q&A

My friend MC turned me on to this blog a few months back! It is one of her friends who also happens to be pregnant. Not only do I love reading about her journey (she is due just a few weeks before I am) but I  love that she is creative, a teacher and very positive about life. She recently did a questionnaire about her pregnancy and I loved the idea. Here are my answers:


How far along? 36 weeks

Total weight gain/loss? I can't believe that people really ask this BUT they do! I have gained about 28 pounds and I am fine with it. I wasn't at my ideal weight to begin so I definitely have some work when this is all over but I have a girl at work that tells me daily that she gained 53 pounds so while I know it could be better...it also could be worse! I also need to let you know that I have a mullet pregnancy...extreme pregnancy in the front, business in the back. 

Maternity clothes? Kind of in a rut with this one. I had several amazing months in PC Jenny's (not JC Penny's) borrowed items but now it is cooling off a bit and I am wearing some very comfy long sleeve tees courtesy of Mom and the Gap. I also admit to wearing my regular work pants last week completely unzipped.

Sleep? I have had some issues with insomnia, mostly after the first bathroom break of the night. Other nights, I am posting 8-9 hours. Get it while you can huh?!?

Best moment last week? Seeing the baby in 4-D, celebrating our anniversary and getting a clean stamp of gestational health!

Movement? He is very active at times and quite a napper when he should be moving. At my prenatal check last week they had to buzz him with the baby buzzer to wake him up.

Food cravings? Chocolate (unrelated to pregnancy as this is no different) and fresh fruit!

Gender? boy!

Labor signs? none yet

Belly button in/out? in, boring! But my belly button ring scar has totally popped so to the outside world it looks like an outie!

What I miss: Running, boot camp, high heels

What I am looking forward to: Welcoming baby into this world, seeing my husband as a father, a break from the corporate life and holidays with family.


My guess on the birth day: Thanksgiving!

0 comments:

Post a Comment