Monday, October 25, 2010

Pumpkin Bars

I made Pumpkin Bars this weekend to bring to my cousin's house and unfortunately that didn't happen so all of the neighbors and I have been eating the fragrant, fiber-rich food. I like to throw the fiber part in because it makes me feel better about the cream cheese frosting. I am unable to bring the leftovers to work because the recipe comes from a coworker and they are technically "her" specialty and that is against the Martha Stewart Cooking Code of Ethics. In addition, my husband doesn't like pumpkin bars. What I am trying to say here is that I was forced to eat an exhorbent of pumpkin at no fault of my own. So much that if I am not in labor on Thanksgiving Day, I will NOT be having pumpkin pie. The good news is that I am happy to share the recipe (warning, it makes a TON) and let you know that I threw away the rest of the bars. The photo doesn't do the taste nor the smell justice!
Pumpkin Bars

Mix:
1 C. Oil
2 C. Sugar
4 Eggs
1 15 oz Can Solid Pumpkin (not the pie mix)

Mix:
2 C. Flour
1/2 t. Salt
1 t. Baking Soda
1 t. Baking Powder
1 t. Ginger
2 t. Cinnamon

Add wet ingredients to dry. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes in greased sheet cake pan. Do not over bake! Cool then frost.

Frosting:
3 oz. Cream Cheese
3/4 Stick Softened Butter
1 t. Vanilla
1 T. Milk
3 C. Powdered Sugar

Enjoy!

1 comments:

kelly said...

yum - this was the best thing to come from 'the pac' - lol!!! :) i wanna make some, but will for sure eat ALL of them...

Post a Comment